Pages

March 31, 2014

The Art of … Knitting

lady desidia


Oh, the popularity of knitting!
It embraces the past and holds onto the integrity of handmade.

I grew up cozy and warm under beautiful afghans hand-knit by my mom, granny or aunts!
Many knitters learned from loved ones as the skill was handed down through the generations.

Enjoy these images of men, women and children (along with a few critters!) who love to knit!

"For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13,14


Alberto Montt










Paul Albicocco



Ernest Bieler



Phoebe Wahl




Dee Nickerson





Dilka Bear





Ben Chen





Albert Anker





Micki Wilde





Jean Metzinger





Dabin Choi





Karl Albert Buehr




Reminiscing about my fun visit with Knitter-Extraordinaire, Susan Nadelson.
It was terrific spending time with her - she's one talented lady!
Take a look at the post:
Hand-dyed, Hand-spun Yarns by Susan Nadelson




Martin Wiscombe


2 comments:

  1. It’s lovely pictures like these that truly inspire me. In this case, I am inspired to pick up my knitting again. Thanks! Wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s lovely pictures like these that truly inspire me. In this case, I am inspired to pick up my knitting again. Thanks! Wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!