Pages

June 18, 2014

Zucchini Quiche

zucc7


I've been making this quiche for years and it stands as a family favorite.
It's actually a Pillsbury Bake-off winner from 1980!

Promise me you'll try this! It's so easy and just delicious!



Returning from Tanner's Market, I knew just what I wanted to do with those zucchinis!

zucc1

Zucchini Quiche

2 T butter
4 C thinly sliced zucchini
1 C thinly sliced onions
2 T parsley
½ t salt
½ t pepper
¼ t garlic powder
¼ t basil
¼ t oregano
2 eggs
2 C shredded Muenster or Mozzarella
1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
2 t yellow mustard

Pre-heat oven to 375.
In 12” skillet, melt butter.
Add zucchini & onions, cook 6-8 mins. until tender.
Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.

In large bowl, stir together eggs & cheese.
Add zucchini mixture and combine gently.

Separate dough into 8 triangles.
Place in ungreased 10” glass pie plate or quiche dish.
Press over bottom and up sides to form crust.
Firmly press perforations to seal.
Spread crust with mustard.
Pour egg mixture evenly into crust-lined plate.

Bake 18 to 22 mins. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cover edges of crust with foil during last 10 mins. of baking.

Let stand 10 mins. before serving.


zucc2


This time I tried "Butter Flake" Crescent Rolls,
thinking, "Hey, who wouldn't love more butter?"
Nope. The consensus: Stick to the original variety.



Thinly sliced zucchini. I like to use my mandolin.
Later this summer, when I'm inundated with zucchini from our garden, (let's hope) 
I'll run them through the Cuisinart and freeze them in 4 cup batches, just for this recipe!

zucc3




Puzzle-pieced the crust together, spread with mustard.

zucc4




Filled with the zucchini mixure, ready to pop in the oven.

zucc5




Stupendous! Oh-so-yummy!

zucc6





zucc8





zucc9



Here are the websites for
 Pillsbury and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!