Pages

July 30, 2014

My Honeybee Adventure


bees2


Something I've always wanted to do is to get up close and personal
with honeybees in their hives. Here was my chance!

Kurt welcomed us to visit his hives in lovely Furlong, PA (Bucks County).
His passion was evident as he told us all about his beekeeping hobby!


bees4




Here I am in full regalia!

bees1




This is the smoker used to calm the bees.

bees3





bees5




Lifting out one of the frames.

bees6





bees7




Laura is having as much fun as I am!

bees888




Identifying the female workers and the larger male drones.

bees9




Hoping to locate the queen, but she managed to elude us.

bees10




Drew enjoyed the experience!

bees11





bees12





bees16




Happiness is a hive loaded with honey!

bees14




"The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.
The decrees of the LORD are firm, and all of them are righteous.
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
They are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb."
-Psalm 19:9,10




Crossing that one off of my Bucket List!
Thanks, Kurt!

bees15


Love bees, honey, and everything about them?
(except the sting)
How about this necklace from Paisley Beading?
Find it at my Etsy shop HERE.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks interesting. Anyone get stung?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!