Pages

February 20, 2013

Poppyseed Cake

DSC_0948BLOG

Here's a recipe that my mom made so many times through the years. 
Just the smell of it, let alone the taste of it, causes warm memories to come flooding back.
I think they call it "comfort food".

My bundt pan is a vintage treasure of mine. Given to me by my mom, in all its harvest gold glory! 
The scratches reveal that it has been well-loved. Bear with me as I show it off.


DSC_0911BLOG


DSC_0912BLOG


DSC_0914BLOG



May I introduce the star of this recipe? Baker fine dessert filling in poppyseed.

DSC_0918BLOG



The recipe for this cake has always been, and still is, on the back of the label.

DSC_0922BLOG



They call it "3 minute Delite" Poppyseed Cake. It really is quick and easy.
One of those recipes that you just dump everything into the mixer bowl and away you go.


DSC_0923BLOG


Poppyseed Cake

3 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
2 C sugar
8 oz vegetable oil
4 eggs
13 oz evaporated milk
1 jar (10 oz) Baker Poppyseed Filling
1 C chopped walnuts

Sift dry ingredients together. Add all liquids and mix until smooth.
Add poppyseed filling and nuts; mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Turn batter into greased & floured 10" tube or bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until done.
Cool cake 5-8 minutes before removing from pan.


DSC_0949BLOG



DSC_0966BLOG

Rich, moist deliciousness!
Now, what do you take in your coffee?



1 comment:

  1. Looks Scrumptious!! Great pictures (very alluring). Will try very soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!